The Norman Cycles Club is based at the Willesborough Windmill in Ashford Kent, home town to the Norman factory.
Charles and Fred Norman started their frame making, enamelling and metal plating business (Kent Plating & Enamelling Co) in a garden shed just off Jemmett Road, Ashford, Kent on their return from France at the end of the First World War.
In the 1920’s they started producing cycles and went on to produce many thousands, they acquired a larger premises in Victoria Road.
In 1935 they had a new factory built in Beaver Road, the company was renamed Norman Cycles Limited. Many cycles and mopeds were exported under the Rambler trademark to Central America, Malaya, Canada and other Commonwealth countries.